Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Thing 22- ListenNJ

ListenNJ is nothing new to me! As a person with an hour long commute each way, I use ListenNJ to catch up on YA lit in the car. I don't find ListenNJ hard to use, though I'm not terribly fond the OverDrive console. I always use the MP3 option because the burn to CD function is not very practical (so few titles offer that anyway). I do wish ListenNJ had more in the way of selection but I understand that not all publishers see the value in downloadables or fear a way around the digital distribution protections.

Despite its limitations, I like ListenNJ and have recommended it several times. In particular, I have found it to be useful for special needs groups whose members may not be readers or may not connect well with text-based literature.

No comments: