Friday, April 18, 2008

Thing 13- del.icio.us

I like del.icio.us, but much like bloglines tend to find it less useful on a personal level. I don't care terribly for the layout. The tagging of bookmarks is interesting and could be useful, though I will admit that I have an overall distrust for the accuracy of information provided by internet users on such open websites (this, of course, excludes Wikipedia which I find to be strictly monitored!). I will also admit that before going through the tutorial I never thought about it for research purposes. When I was working on my senior thesis and travelling between locations this would have been much more useful than my ragged list of links that I carried around. Although I do not have any immediate uses for this, it is definitely something that I am going to keep in mind!

No comments: